Here’s all you need to know to Set Up your new buddy, Miko 2!
Have you unboxed your Miko 2 yet? You should find these in your box:
- Miko 2
- Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide
Is everything in place? If yes, great! We can move on to the next step. If not, please get in touch with our customer support team.
Know your robot:
Keep your Quick Start Guide handy for instructions on how to set up.
Step 1: Miko 2 loves a nice snack of electricity!
Connect the Power Adapter to the charging port at the back of Miko 2. The Charging Indicator and Ear Lights will turn green (refer to the Light Behaviors section on the Quick Start Guide for more information on light indicators). Miko 2 takes 1.5 hours to fully charge.
Once it is fully charged, click the Power Button on the back to switch on your new your buddy!
Follow step 2 till the robot gets charged.
Step 2: Download the Miko 2 app from the Play Store on android devices and the App Store on iOS devices.
● Once downloaded, enter the parent’s mobile number/email address to create an account.
● Once the details have been added, you will be asked to enter the one time verification code (OTP). The OTP should have reached you by text/email on the number/email address you had added in the last step.
● After the verification, the app will try connecting with your Miko 2 through Bluetooth. Kindly switch on your mobile device’s Bluetooth if not on already.
● Select your Miko 2 from the available device list. You can do so by clicking on your Miko 2’s Device ID. You will find the Device ID at the bottom of your Miko 2. The last six digits of the serial number is your Device ID.
● The next step is to configure Wi-Fi on your Miko 2. The Miko 2 App will automatically scan the available Wi-Fi networks. Out of these, select the one you choose.
Please note: Miko 2 connects only to 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi networks that use the 802.11 a/b/g/n standard. It does not connect to ad-hoc (peer-to-peer) networks and networks that are 5 GHz and above.
Miko 2 connects to Wi-Fi networks that are configured with WPA2 Security. It will not connect to WPA or Open Networks for security purposes.
● CONGRATULATIONS! Your Miko 2’s Setup is now complete and your new buddy is ready to roll!
If you have trouble with any of these steps, kindly contact our support team at 8655033245 (India) / 1- 415-854-5954 (International) between 9:30 AM and 6:00 PM, Monday through Saturday and we will be more than happy to help!
More about the Miko 2 app:
● Try Asking Miko
Here you can scroll and find suggestions for the latest commands that you can use to ask some cool things to your Miko 2.
● Usage Analytics
Through usage analytics you can get detailed information about the apps that are installed.
You can also get detailed analytics about the usage of each app and where your child’s likings and preferences lie.
You can use this information to customise your child’s interaction with Miko 2.
● Child Profile
You can add your child’s details here and create a unique Child Profile. Your Miko 2 will be customized as per these details and remember them in its next interaction with your kid.
You can use this revolutionary feature to connect with your child at any time through a video call.
You can also use this feature to remotely navigate your Miko 2 around and see what your kid is up to!
● Wi-Fi Settings
Through this, you can change or configure the Wi-Fi settings on your Miko 2.
● Device Settings
Here, you can find information about the linked account. You can also unlink your Miko 2 from the App by clicking on UNLINK on the right of Linked Account.
Preferences: Here, you can select your city and timezone to match the standard time in your region and customize the Do Not Disturb Feature as well as the alarm and other features on your Miko 2.
You can also select your preferred voice and accent for your Miko 2 under ‘Miko 2 Voice’.