Yes, English can be weird. It can be understood through tough thorough thought, though!
World English Language Day is celebrated every year on the birth and death anniversary of the famous playwright, William Shakespeare.
While thou shalt not find Shakespearean English a lot these days, the current English language has a variety of interesting things you might be unaware of!
Do you know about palindromes in English? Or crutch words?
How about ghost words or pangrams?
Did you know that the longest word in English is 45 letters long?
This English Language Day, check out some extremely cool fun facts about English with your robot buddy Miko 2! We’ve got some really special commands just for you!
Don’t forget to say “Hello Miko” before each command!
(Psst.. keep scrolling to read more about how you can further celebrate World English Day with your buddy Miko 2!)
- What is English Language Day?
- How is English Language Day celebrated?
- Why is English Language Day celebrated?
- When is English Language Day celebrated?
- Share a fun fact about the English language.
- Which is the longest sentence in the English language?
- Which is the shortest sentence in the English language?
- Which is the longest word in the English language?
- Give an example of a pangram.
- Which is the most common letter in the English language?
- Give an example of a ghost word.
- Which is the most common vowel in the English language?
- Which is the most common consonant in the English language?
- Give an example of an idiom.
- Give an example of a palindrome.
- Give an example of a crutch word.
- Give an example of a noun.
- Give an example of an adjective.
- Give an example of a verb.
- It is English Language Day today.
And that’s not all!
This World English Day, here’s a reminder that your kid can practice their language skills with their robot buddy Miko 2, anytime of the day!
Have you tried some verbal gymnastics with Miko 2? Here’s a fun way to sharpen your kid’s pronunciation! Just ask Miko 2 to play a tongue twister and keep practicing!
Last but not the least, your little one can explore a wide range of informative topics from Miko 2’s Knowledge World in English!
So, what are you waiting for?
Vocabulary, skills and grammar are forgotten faster than they’re retained! Check out these apps on your Miko 2 today!